Spring” into Action with These Spring Marketing Ideas
Ah, yes…spring is just around the corner. You can feel it. Spring is a time for change and new beginnings. With the promises of flowers blooming and temperatures rising, it’s a fun time to plan your spring marketing ideas. Start developing your ideas now so you have a couple of weeks to get your concepts, messages and designs finalized when it’s time to turn the page on the calendar.
Here are five simple strategies to put your spring marketing ideas to work:
1. Celebrate the holidays. One of the unique things about this time of year is that so many holidays fall so close together. That’s a great advantage for small businesses. Easter, Passover, St. Patrick’s Day, May Day and Mother’s Day are all great opportunities to promote your business. Know your target market and tailor your message to the holiday that fits best.
2. Get clean. Springtime conjures up images of cleaning and clearing. Use this cleaning theme to advertise inventory clearance sales or to introduce a new product. Inexpensive promotional cleaning items printed with your logo, such as sponges, and cleaning cloths make great giveaways to keep your business top-of-mind.
3. Go green. Everything gets greener in the spring so why not tie your promotional efforts to Earth Day, which happens every year on April 22nd? Some ideas on how your business can promote Earth Day include things like collecting recyclables, offering specials on eco-friendly items, or giving away re-usable items. “Go Green” on social media or even make a donation to an environmental organization.
4. Take advantage of tax time. Many people view their tax refunds as “free” money. Think of ways you can encourage them to spend their windfall with you! Entice them to splurge by offering discounts or specials on items/services you wish to promote.
5. Honor thy mother. What better way to promote your business than to honor mothers? If you are a retail establishment or restaurant, it’s a perfect time to cross-promote your business with a local florist by handing out flowers to mothers during the week of Mother’s Day. Another option is to create Mother’s Day themes and memes for your social media sites. (And don’t forget Dad. Father’s Day is in the spring, too!)
Whatever spring marketing ideas you choose to use for your promotions, make sure they make sense for your business. Spring is in the air! April showers, May flowers and creative thinking will all help your business grow.
Numbers by Victoria offers virtual bookkeeping services and other financial options for individuals and small businesses. Since our services can be performed virtually, we’re able to work with people all over the United States. To contact Numbers By Victoria, or to learn more about our bookkeeping services, please visit: www.numbersbyvictoria.com.